Portfolius v.4 WordPress Theme By PandaThemes, Theme Type: Magazine, Multi-Purpose, News , free trial: coming soon
This is a 3 column WordPress theme ideal for the designer who wants a portfolio along with a blog. Additional homepage template allows you to use this theme as a portfolio for the design studio. Switchable layout blocks will enhance the tuning ability of the theme.
Installing Portfolius v.4 Theme
- Unzipped the template file you’ve get.
- Upload the theme folder portfolius4 to your
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel and go to Appearance.
- Click on the screenshot theme to activate it.
- Download plugins, which recommend for Portfolius v.4
- Upload these plugins to your
/wp-content/plugins/folder and activated through the WordPress admin panel.
- Click on Appearance > Theme Options to setup the rest of the theme – you have to go through this setup, or else the theme might not work.
Create Categories and Major Pages
Creating Categories and Major Pages is the first and important step after install. If you have this pages, please, follow to next step Theme Options > Navigation Options.
You need to have two (or more) categories for correct theme work. One of them is Blog category. You may create sub-categories for Blog category. Other categories and sub-categories will be Portfolio. More about Categories
Create Major Pages
By default you need to have major pages: About, Services, Contact, Archive. You can call this pages as you like. The most important thing is that they exist. Also you can create subpages for Services Page. More about Pages
Adding Posts to Portfolio
Posts are entries that display in reverse chronological order on your portfolio’s front page and on portfolio page. More about Posts. Please, follow the steps below.
- Make screenshot 390*190 px JPEG, GIF or PNG
- Write the post as you like
- Fill the excerpt field
- Choose the category e.g. Portfolio > Websites
- Upload screenshot
- Use custom field
- Press ‘Publish’ button